Finally a breather
May 10, 2006 § 2 Comments
Well, I finally wrapped up switching to SQL Server 2005 and cleaned up all the bugs as of last night. It took me a total of 3 late nights to migrate over (which is not bad considering a new business logic that talks to stored procedures to handle data), but switching to a database gave me simplicity and less coding out of the box. I no more have to worry about file locking and corruption issues any more.
Following are the features that I added after the migration:
- List all entries by author
- List all entries by category
- Archive listing with count of entries per month
- Ability to disable comments on an entry (administration)
- Ability to delete a blog entry (administration)
- Ability to delete comments (administration)
- Ability to edit a comment (administration)
- Creating a new user (administration)
Now that I have wrapped up V1, I have started thinking on some other super important / nice to have features. At this point the top priority items are:
For the next couple of days I plan to review my code and see if I can improve the codebase, after which I will start working on Search / RSS.